Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sudha Mehta Cancer Foundation

On December 15, 2009, I lost my mother to Cancer. In her we lost a wife, mother, friend, philosopher and guide to this cruel disease.

We did not know how to react to the loss. There was a lot of anger, outrage and an overwhelming feeling of helplessness. We were completely drained by the experience and yet emotionally charged. As a family, we felt a responsibility to do something concrete against the disease.

Over the last few months, I have talked to a few people about the fact that we are planning to start a cancer foundation in my Mother's memory. Over the last few months a lot of activity is happening on that front. The foundation is called Sudha Mehta Cancer Foundation. It is a registered trust now and is 80G certified now.




We are in the process of setting up the website. I have started blogging about the initiative at http://smcfindia.blogspot.com/ and the twitter Id is @smcfindia. I will also post the blogs from that blog onto my current blog for a few days. Looking forward to support from all of you.


Thanks
Prateek

No comments: